These easy 5 Minute Sweet Potato Chips are the perfect snack for the lunch box. All you need is 3 ingredients and a microwave to make them! They turn out crunchy just like store-bought potato chips without the added nasties. If you’re not a fan of sweet potatoes, you can use normal potatoes with the same result.
My kids are fussy eaters, so whenever I find a lunch box recipe that tastes and looks like the store-bought varieties, I’m extremely happy! Try them for yourself and let me know what you think.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Slice the potato extra, extra thin! If you cut them too thick, they won’t turn out crispy.
- Pat dry each piece of potato with paper towel.
- Toss potato slices in a bowl with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Lay out the potato slices flat on a dinner plate lined with baking paper.
- Place in the microwave for 5 minutes, turning them over halfway.
Tip: Depending on the microwave they may need a moment longer, watch them carefully so they don’t burn. The chips will crisp up slightly once cooled and are best eaten that day.