This Strawberry Banana Bread is moist and full of fresh strawberries and bananas. It's super easy to make, and requires no electric mixer, which is always a bonus when baking. It's also freezer friendly which makes it perfect for the lunchbox to freeze ahead of time.
I'll admit it! I'm super fussy about my banana bread. It has to be moist with no dry spots around the edges. The secret to this eays to make strawberry banana bread recipe is the oil and sour cream that helps create a perfectly soft banana bread.
- self raising flour
- sour cream or greek yoghurt
- caster sugar
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract or essence
- baking powder
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make the Easy Strawberry Banana Bread
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, but the strawberries.
In a separate bowl, coat the cut strawberries in flour. This will help them bake correctly and take out the liquid when baking.
Add the flour coated strawberries to the mix and gently fold them into the batter. Don't overmix, or the strawberries will break up.
Pour the batter into the bread loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
TIP: You can use frozen strawberries too, but you may need a little more flour to coat them to soak up the excess liquid.
Looking for some more baking inspo? Check out my favourite recipes below!
- EASY SMARTIE COOKIES
- VANILLA TRAY CAKE
- PUFFINS (AKA BAKED PANCAKE MUFFINS)
- RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
EASY STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- loaf tin
- 1 ¼ cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sour cream You can substitute this for greek yoghurt too
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries approx 1 cup quartered and tossed in 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons plain flour for strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°c fan forced and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together except the strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, coat the cut strawberries in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help them bake correctly and take out the liquid when baking.
- Add the flour coated strawberries to the mix and gently fold them into the batter. Don’t overmix, or the strawberries will break up.
- Pour the batter into the bread loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until the top is golden and a toothpick comes out of the centre clean.
- Allow the bread to cool on a rack for 15 minutes before slicing.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.