Trust me when I tell you that you won't be able to stop at just one of these raspberry and white chocolate chip muffins! This muffin recipe is easy to make, and using frozen berries, means that you probably have the rest of the ingredients on hand in your pantry.
My kids LOVE these in the lunch box, so I like to have a stash in my freezer, and I pop them right in the lunchbox frozen. Cake defrosts pretty quickly, so by the time lunchtime comes around, they are ready to eat.
What you need to make these white chocolate and raspberry muffins
- caster sugar
- vegetable oil
- vanilla essence
- self raising flour
- white chocolate chips
- frozen or fresh raspberries (I use frozen)
- Store muffins in an airtight container for two days.
- You can freeze these muffins (although best eaten fresh) for up to 4 months in an airtight container.
- Frozen or fresh, it really doesn't matter. I use frozen because I find it more cost-effective and always have a stash in the freezer.
- Add berries last and fold them in gently. If you mix too much, they will start to break up.
- Feel free to substitute the raspberries for any other fruit. Blueberries and banana chunks work well.
Check out these other top lunchbox recipes!
- Baked Pikelet Muffins
- Easy Strawberry Yoghurt Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Oat Slice
- Homemade Sushi the easy way!
Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 200 grams white chocolate chips
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180°c and line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- Whisk milk, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla essence and caster sugar.
- Fold in self raising flour and chocolate chips until flour is combined.
- Add frozen raspberries and fold in carefully. Don't overmix, or they will start to break up.
- Fill muffin cases with muffin mixture ¾ full (allow room to rise) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.