If you haven't tried the viral big mac soft tacos yet, you're totally missing out! They are definitely worth the hype and are easy to make.
What is a Big Mac Taco?
Basically, it's a twist on the classic Mcdonald's big mac burger, but in a soft taco form. You'll be surprised at just how much they taste like a real big mac. So if you love a good big mac burger, you will LOVE these tacos.
- beef mince
- soft tacos
- salt & pepper
- sliced cheese
- brown onion, diced
- tomato sauce
- finely diced pickles
- pickle juice
- garlic powder
- onion powder
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Now I prefer to make my own homemade big mac style sauce but feel free to purchase the burger sauce from the supermarket.
Mix all of the big mac style sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Spread out the beef mince to cover the entire soft taco. Add salt and pepper to each one.
Using a frypan on a medium high heat, fry the tacos meat side down. Cook for around 4-5 minutes until the meat has browned and is cooked through.
Flip the tacos and add a slice of cheese.
Cook for 3 minutes until the taco has browned and the cheese has melted. You can use a fry pan lid to make this process a little quicker.
Remove from the frypan and add the desired toppings. Top with the homemade big mac sauce.
This has become one of our favourite easy weeknight dinners because they are so easy to make! You can also mix this recipe up and add just about anything you like to the tacos.
What Pickles Are The Best?
My favourite burger pickles and brand to use when making burgers or these big mac tacos are the Fehlbergs Burger Pickles. They taste like the American style pickles and don't have the sweet taste they tend to add to our pickles here in Australia. You can buy them at any supermarket, and they regularly come on sale. Try them and trust me, they are the best!
Don't miss a new post!
Check out my new posts!
BIG MAC SOFT TACOS RECIPE
Big Mac Tacos
- 500 grams beef mince
- 16 soft tacos
- salt & pepper
- 8 slices burger cheese
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 2 cups lettuce shredded
- ½ cup burger pickles I use Fehlbergs brand
Big Mac Style Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon american mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablesppons finely diced burger pickles
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice from the jar of pickles
- Mix all of the big mac style sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Spread out a thin layer of mince to cover the entire soft taco. Add salt and pepper to each one.
- Using a frypan on a medium high heat, fry the taco meat side down. Cook for around 4-5 minutes until the meat has browned and is cooked through.
- Flip the taco and add a slice of cheese. Cook for 3 minutes until the taco is browned, and the cheese has melted. You can use a fry pan lid to make this process a little quicker.
- Remove from the frypan and add the desired toppings. Top with the homemade big mac sauce.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.