01 Jun The BEST Thermomix bread, ever!
If you follow me on social media, you would have seen that I got a Thermomix a few weeks ago. Since getting the Thermomix, I have tried a few different bread recipes with some failing to rise, and others that just didn’t taste or feel like store-bought bread. I managed to find this recipe which was just about perfect! I’ve made about 30 loaves now and have slightly changed that recipe to create the BEST and easiest Thermomix white bread.
Bread Making Tips
- Use bread improver! I tried a few recipes that didn’t include bread improver, and I found the bread dense and not as fluffy, so make sure you don’t skip on the bread improver.
- Bread tin – I use this Thermomix branded bread tin with a lid. I like it because it has the lid, so when you bake the bread, it makes it the perfect loaf to slice.
- Don’t rush when making bread and allow the bread to rise and prove before baking. Allowing the bread to prove will give you the most perfect fluffy loaf.
- This bread will be fresh for 2 days (although I have eaten it on day 3, it’s best used within 2 days). I store my bread in this reusable bread bag from the Thermomix store.
- 300 grams water
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 600 grams bakers flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bread improver (I use the Wallaby brand from Woolworths)
- 15 grams olive oil
- Prepare your bread tin by spraying it with oil.
- Place water, yeast and sugar in the mixing bowl and heat 1 min and 30 seconds/ 37°/ speed 2.
- Add bakers flour, salt, bread improver and olive oil.
- Knead for 6 minutes using the kneading option on your Thermomix.
- Remove dough from Thermomix bowl and quickly form a ball and place back into your Thermomix bowl to double in size (this should take about an hour). You can also wrap the dough in your ThermoMat to prove if you prefer, but I find the bowl is still warm and works perfectly.
- Once the dough has risen, knead the dough for a further 30 seconds using the kneading option on your Thermomix.
- Remove dough from the Thermomix bowl and shape to fit in the bread tin.
- Allow bread to prove in the bread tin for a further 20 minutes in a warm place. I like to turn my oven on to 20°c and turn it off then put the bread tin in there.
- Bake bread on 200°c for 30 minutes.
- Remove bread from the tin and allow to cool.
*The bread recipe has been adapted from this recipe posted on the Thermomix recipe community.