Who doesn't like baked potato? These air fryer loaded baked potatoes are a new favourite side in our house! They come out with a crispy skin and a fluffy mashed potato centre.
Why cook loaded potatoes in the air fryer and not the oven? It's just easier! I like that I don't have to preheat the oven, which warms up my house in summer, and that my kids can use the air fryer easily.
You can use any toppings you like! If you're serving these baked loaded potatoes as a side, I would keep it simple and use a few toppings as I have in this recipe. If you're serving them as a main, load them up baby!
- Brushed and washed potatoes with skin on
- Garlic and herb butter (you can buy this or make your own)
- Salt & pepper
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
See the recipe card below for quantities.
When I say these air fryer loaded baked potatoes are easy, they are easy! You pop them in and come back once they are cooked.
With the potato skin on, wrap each potato in foil and place them in the air fryer. Cook on air fryer 200°c for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and cut each potato open. Cook the bacon in the air fryer at 200°c for 5 minutes and cut into small pieces.
Remove the potato filling from each potato and place it in a bowl. Add the milk, cheese, garlic butter, salt & pepper and whip with a fork.
Make sure you keep the foil around the potato as you will keep this on when baking again.
The potato should be like a mashed potato texture. Add the mashed potato back to each potato.
Top with bacon and grated cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve topped with sour cream and shallots.
What Potatoes To Use?
I personally like to use the large washed white potatoes as I don't have to get the dirt off the brushed potatoes, but they will all cook the same. If you do use the brushed ones, clean them and dry them well before putting them in the air fryer. Make sure you pick some decent sized potatoes, as you want a good bit of filling to come out of them.
Looking for some more dinner ideas?
AIR FRYER LOADED BAKED POTATOES
- 4 large washed potatoes with skin on
- 200 grams short cut bacon around 4 rashes of bacon. You could use diced bacon too.
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb butter Store bought or to make your own mix 2 tablespoons butter with 1 tablespoon minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- ½ cup sour cream for topping
- ¼ cup shallots for topping
- 1 cup grated cheese Half for topping and half to mix through the potato mix.
- With skin on, wrap each potato in foil and place them in the air fryer. Cook on an air fryer setting at 200°c for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and cut each potato open. Make sure you keep the foil around the potato, as you will keep this on when baking again.
- While these cool slightly, add the bacon to the air fryer. Cook at 200°c for 5 minutes until bacon is crispy. Once the bacon has cooked, dice it and set it to the side.
- Remove the potato filling from each potato and place it in a bowl without removing the potato skin. Add the milk, cheese, garlic butter, salt and pepper, and whip with a fork. The potato should be like a mashed potato texture. Add the mashed potato back to each potato.
- Top with bacon and grated cheese and bake for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the air fryer. Serve topped with sour cream and shallots.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.