Forget the takeout! Let's make your favourite takeaway meals at home on a budget. These Homemade Subway Style 6 inch Subs are easy to make and will save you a bunch of money making them at home.
Now there is absolutely no baking or cooking required here! I use fresh bakery hot dog rolls as my subs, which work perfectly. They must be FRESH soft rolls through to make the perfect "fakeaway" subway style sub at home.
I like to set up all of the ingredients on a tray so that my kids can make their own and add any toppings and sauces they like. They love to create their own subs and have so much fun!
- fresh bakery style soft hot dog rolls (I use the Woolworths ones)
- ham, turkey or any other deli meat you want to use
- salt & pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
I will be loading a bunch of takeaway style meals at home on the blog each week so that you can create your favourites at home on a budget!
Looking for family friendly recipes? Check them out below!
- HONEY CHICKEN (TAKE AWAY STYLE)
- GREEK RICE BOWLS
- ITALIAN CHICKEN BAKE WITH CREAMY PARMESAN POTATOES
- CHICKEN SATAY STICKS WITH PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
HOMEMADE SUBWAY STYLE SUBS
- 6 bakery fresh hot dog rolls
- 6 slices deli ham of choice
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- red onion
- carrots grated
- Wash and cut up all of the salad ingredients.
- Cut the fresh hot dog rolls in half.
- Add cheese, deli ham and salads.
- Top with mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Cut the sub in half and serve.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.