If you haven't tried the viral 2 ingredient fruit muffin hack yet, you're missing out! All you need is a tin of two fruits and a cake mix, and that's it! There is no need to use eggs, milk or anything else.
These muffins are quick and easy to make, and they are naturally sweetened by the fruit in juice. You can also experiment with different variations by adding spices like cinnamon or vanilla extract to enhance the flavour.
- Vanilla cake mix
- Tub or tin of two fruits
See the recipe card for quantities.
This recipe is very easy! I have added some step by step instructions to follow.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a large bowl, add the dry cake mix.
Add the whole tub, including the juice of two fruits.
Mix together until combined using a spatula.
Add the mix to cupcake or muffin cases.
Add cupcakes to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Hint: Make sure you add the entire tin or tub, including the juice, as this helps ensure the mix has enough liquid. You can also blend the fruit if you're kids aren't a fan of chunks of fruit in the muffin.
After sharing this muffin hack on social media, my followers have been posting a whole heap of different versions of this fruit muffin hack!
- Black forest cake - Tin cherries and chocolate cake mix
- Pineapple - Crushed pineapple, coconut and vanilla cake mix.
- Apple - Tin apple, cinnamon and vanilla cake mix.
Freezing The Muffins
Freezing fruit muffins is a great way to extend their shelf life and have a ready-to-eat snack or breakfast option on hand. Here's how you can freeze fruit muffins:
- Allow the muffins to cool completely after baking.
- Individually wrap each muffin tightly in plastic wrap, aluminium foil or zip lock bags to prevent freezer burn and maintain freshness.
- Place the wrapped muffins in a resealable plastic bag or airtight container.
- Label with the date and the type of muffins (if you have different flavours).
When you're ready to enjoy the frozen muffins:
- Take out the desired number of muffins from the freezer.
- Unwrap them and let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours or overnight. Alternatively, you can microwave them for a short time on low power to thaw them more quickly.
- Once thawed, you can eat them as is or warm them up in the oven or microwave for a few seconds to regain their freshness.
Frozen muffins can typically be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Remember to store them properly to maintain their quality and prevent freezer burn.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
2 Ingredient Fruit Muffin Hack
- 1 Vanilla cake mix I use the Woolworths brand
- 1 tub two fruits in juice 700 grams
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- In a large bowl, add the dry cake mix and the whole tub of two fruits, including the juice.
- Mix together until combined using a spatula.
- Add the cake mix to cupcake or muffin cases.
- Add cupcakes to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.