Do you want to know how to cook the perfect roast pork in the air fryer? I know you do! Once you try air fryer roast pork, you won’t go back to cooking a roast in the oven again.
It’s easier than you think to cook your roast in the air fryer! Firstly, buy a piece of roast meat that will fit in your air fryer. You don’t want to get your roast home and realise it won’t fit. I have the ninja side-by-side air fryer, and I can fit a 2kg roast pork on one side. You want to ensure that the roast is not touching the top of your air fryer element, or it will smoke and burn.
Why should you cook a roast in the air fryer?
It comes out super JUICY and TENDER with a CRISPY pork crackle on top! Trust me when I say it’s way better than being cooked in the oven, and you won’t have any trouble getting that crispy pork crackle like you do when it's cooked in the oven.
How to get the crispy pork crackle?
You will need to prep the pork by drying it with a paper towel and covering it with a decent amount of seasoning. The trick is to turn up the air fryer on a high heat just to get the crackle going! You don’t want to burn, so you will want to check on it every 10 minutes.
Now you can cook any type of roast meats in the air fryer, it doesn't have to be a roast pork. I have cooked air fryer roast lamb, air fryer roast chicken, and they have all turned out perfectly.
- Roast pork
- Olive oil
- Roast seasoning store-bought or create your own using garlic powder, onion powder, mixed dried herbs, paprika, celery salt, brown sugar and pepper.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Remove pork from the packaging.
Dry pork with paper towel and add a tablespoon of olive oil and seasoning to the top of the roast pork.
Mix all seasonings together.
Rub seasonings over the pork roast and place in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Roast Pork
- 2 kg roast pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
BBQ Roast Flavoured Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Remove roast pork from the packaging and dry well with paper towel.
- Add olive oil and seasonings to the roast pork and rub all over the pork skin.
- Add roast to the air fryer at 200°c degrees for 25 minutes until the top of the crackle has started to brown and crisp up.
- Turn the temperature down to 170°c and cook for 30 minutes per 500 grams. Keep watch on the roast and adjust the temperature if needed.
- If the crackle is not crispy enough at the end, turn the heat up and cook for a further 20 minutes.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.