This Fruit Loops Slice is perfect for the lunchbox or as a special little treat! My kids LOVE fruit loops and love LCM bars you can buy from the supermarket, so I thought I would create a recipe with both of their loves. It’s super easy to make and there is no baking required!
Tips when making this fruit loop slice
- Work quickly! Once the marshmallows melt, you will want to move quickly to create the best mix.
- It’s STICKY, but that is normal and the stickiness will go away as it sets.
- To clean up afterwards, use hot water and dishwashing liquid and it melts away pretty quickly.
- You can leave the sprinkles off the top of the slice if you like. I just added it to make it more appealing to my kids.
What you will need for this recipe
- Fruit Loops
- Vanilla essence
- Sprinkles for the top (optional)
This fruit loop slice can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 day in the fridge. I doubt it will last that long though!
Fruit Loop Slice
- 7 cups Fruit Loops
- 500 grams Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. I used a lamington sized tin.
- In a saucepan on a medium heat, melt marshmallows, butter and vanilla together. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Once marshmallows have melted, add fruit loops and melted marshmallows in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add fruit loop mix to the baking tray and push down with a spatula ( you can wet the spatula to help with sticking). The mix will be VERY sticky, but this goes once the slice is set. I use the back of another tray to flatten down the slice.
- Add sprikles to the top of the slice and allow to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Slice and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.