This is seriously the BEST and easiest banana bread recipe that you will make! It's moist, buttery and has a soft crumb top. You only need 2 large bananas to make it and a few other ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
This easy banana bread recipe is a great way to use those over-ripe bananas on your bench! If you have more than 2 bananas to use up, double the recipe and make one half in a loaf tin and the other in a mini loaf tin or cupcakes (yes, you can make banana bread in cupcakes).
- ripe bananas
- salted butter
- brown sugar
- plain greek yoghurt
- vanilla essence
- baking powder
- plain flour
See the recipe card below for quantities.
This Easy Banana Bread Recipe only takes about 5 minutes to make with all the hard work done in the oven.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
Whisk together to remove lumps and add air to the flour mixture.
In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and brown sugar until smooth.
It will look creamy and pale when whisked. You can use a spatula for this part too.
Add the vanilla, eggs, yoghurt, banana to the butter mix and whisk together.
Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Batter will be thick when combined.
Pour the mixture into a prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Make sure you cover the banana bread in foil at the 30 minute mark to save the top from burning.
How to Freeze Banana Bread
Freezing banana bread is a great way to extend its shelf life and enjoy it later. For optimal taste and texture, consume frozen banana bread within 2-3 months. Here's how you can freeze banana bread:
1. Cool the Banana Bread and slice.
2. Wrap in Plastic wrap or store in an airtight container with baking paper between the slices. Label and date to keep track of when you froze it.
3. When you're ready to enjoy the banana bread, remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw to room temperature on the bench. You can also heat it in the microwave at 10-second increments until warm.
How to store Banana Bread
This banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. I like to slice it up and store each piece separately in a zip lock bag so the kids can take them for school lunches.
Looking for other top recipes? Try these:
THE BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large over ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup plain greek yoghurt you can also use sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a loaf non-stick tin. I line it with baking paper to help remove the loaf when cooked.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk together to remove lumps and add air to the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and brown sugar until smooth. It will look creamy and pale when whisked. You can use a spatula for this part to remove any butter lumps too.
- Add the vanilla, eggs, yoghurt, and banana to the butter mix, and whisk together.
- Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick when combined.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 60/ 65 minutes. Make sure you cover the banana bread with foil at the 30 minute mark to save the top from burning.
- If the banana bread isn't ready when inserting a skewer, continue to cook checking on it every 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for an hour. Remove from the tin and slice.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.