The best time to visit Disneyland from Australia depends on a few factors, such as crowd levels, weather, and personal preferences. My favourite time to visit Disneyland from Australia is September, October and November. I find the weather perfect without being too hot or cold, and we've been lucky with the crowd levels (even during Halloween). My 2023 Disneyland crowd calendar will help you plan your next Disneyland holiday.
Firstly, If you're planning a trip to Disney, join my Facebook group, Disney Mums and Dads Australia, to help plan all your travels and chat about all things Disney.
When Is Disneyland The LEAST Crowded?
Disneyland is one busy theme park with over 18 million visitors per year! Therefore, you can't expect the park to be empty at any time of the year, but you will want to avoid long lines and wait times if possible so that you get the best out of your time at the parks.
Disneyland's less crowded times are:
- Mid-January through to mid-February
- February until mid-March - Avoid presidents day (19th Feb) and Spring Break (11th March - 1st April)
- The middle of April until late May
- September 5th through the beginning of October
- The second week of November (after Halloween and before Thanksgiving Week)
- Weekdays are less crowded than weekends, especially Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- On weekends, Sundays are usually less crowded than Saturdays. Regular weekends are less crowded than holiday weekends.
When Is Disneyland The MOST Crowded?
Disneyland is always the most crowded around popular holidays, weekends, or really just about any time during school holidays. If possible, opt for weekdays over weekends, as the parks tend to be less crowded during the weekdays.
Disneyland's most crowded times are:
- End of February, Spring Break (11th March - 1st April), Thanksgiving (23rd November), Christmas and New Year.
- Weekends, especially around holiday weeks and long weekends, including MLK Day (16th Jan), President's Day (20th Feb), Memorial Day (29th May), Independence Day (4th July), Labor Day (4th September), and Columbus Day (9th October).
Another thing to consider is the weather when visiting Disneyland. California has pretty nice weather all year round. You can check out the weather calendar to understand the average weather temperatures and rain throughout the year.
Remember that even during busier times, Disneyland is designed to accommodate large crowds, and with proper planning and strategies, you can still have a great experience. Consider using the FastPass or MaxPass systems and arriving at the parks early. Additionally, it's worth noting that Disneyland's popularity can vary due to factors like new attraction openings, anniversaries, or the release of new films.
Looking to buy discounted park tickets from Australia?
*This post may contain affiliate links.