This is a common question asked in my Disney Mums Facebook group. I have written a blog post to help you decide which park is best for you. I have compared the 2 American theme parks and haven’t included other countries.
In my expert Disney addict opinion, Disneyland is the best park for your very first Disney trip.
I’ll explain why!
- Disneyland is a shorter and more direct flight
- It’s smaller – it has 2 theme parks whereas Disney World has 4 plus 2 water parks
- Less planning – Disney World is on a whole other level and requires extra planning
- Disneyland tickets are cheaper
- Budget friendly accommodation is within walking distance and readily available.
- Logistics – Disneyland is closer to the tourist hotspots Australian’s love including LA, San Diego, Palm Springs and Santa Monica.
Why I wouldn’t choose Walt Disney World on a first trip!
- Longer flight requiring stopovers
- It has 5 theme parks to plan and navigate
- Preparation and planning needs to happen in advance
- Slightly more expensive than Disneyland
- It’s a massive trip!
- You can’t walk to the theme parks; instead you need to navigate the WDW modes of transport
- You need more time to explore all of the Disney World theme parks
Disclaimer: If you have already ticked Disneyland off your list, advance to the next level and get to Disney World!