Once you try this homemade french onion dip, you will never buy it from the supermarket again. Don't worry, it's easy to make and you only need a few ingredients.
What you will need
- Olive oil
- Brown onion
- Sour cream
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
This easy-to-make french onion dip recipe has just the right amount of creaminess and goes perfectly with these bruschetta toasts from Woolworths. If you're asked to bring a dip to a BBQ or a party, this is it! You don't need to add a french onion dip sachet for flavouring as the onion and spices are all you need.
Homemade French Onion Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh chives finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a frying pan on a medium heat, add olive oil and diced brown onion. Fry onion until caramelised and browned (around 10 minutes).
- Once the onion has been cooked, add all the remaining dip ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.