This is a collaboration with Woolworths and Oh So Busy Mum
To celebrate the launch of Woolworths Icelandic SKYR Style yoghurt, I’ve created this yummy strawberry yoghurt muffin recipe for you to enjoy. Icelandic SKYR Style yoghurt is strained with a special technique that removes the watery whey from the yoghurt which results in a thick and creamy texture. The yoghurt is also low in fat and high in protein. Woolworths Icelandic SKYR Style yoghurt is available in 3 smaller varieties (120g tub) in natural, vanilla and strawberry (my favourite). Larger-sized tubs (700g) are only available in the no fat natural flavour.
These muffins are both lunchbox and freezer friendly, which makes them perfect to bake ahead of time and freeze for school lunches!
Strawberry Yoghurt Muffins (using Woolworths Icelandic SKYR Style yoghurt)
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cups raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (2 tubs strawberry Icelandic SKYR Style yoghurt available at Woolworths)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup icing sugar
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line the muffin tray with 12 cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix yoghurt, egg and melted butter.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture into the bowl with flour and mix with a spatula. Do not overmix or the cupcakes will be flat.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make glaze: Mix all ingredients together and drizzle over cooled cupcakes.