This week, I had two kid-free days (YAY) to do something productive, so I baked some Easter treats for the blog on one of the days and the next day I sat and watched Netflix (that’s productive right?). I had a little play around with a subway cookie recipe and I came up with these delicious Chocolate Mini Eggs Easter Cookies! They are soft, melt in your mouth type of cookie that you can’t stop at eating one.
If you don’t already know what the Cadbury Mini Eggs look like, I’ve added a photo of them above. A little hint when I bake cookies or cupcakes, I use an ice cream scoop to get even cupcakes or cookies. I purchased a pack of 3 different sizes from eBay for under $15 a few years back and they are still going strong.
This recipe makes around 35 cookies.
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packets Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa – I use Cadbury
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160°c and line a flat baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Chop 2 packets of Cadbury Mini Eggs in half and set aside.
- Cream butter & sugar together with an electric mixer, add vanilla and one egg at a time and continue to mix.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine flour mix slowly into butter mix and beat well.
- Add the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs to the mix and mix with a spoon slightly.
- Using a spoon or use an ice cream scoop, drop mix about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop or spoon.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, times may vary depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven when soft, they will harden when cold.
If you’re looking for some other favorite Easter treats, check out this Cadbury Creme Egg Brownie recipe!