This week, I had two kid-free days (YAY) to do something productive, so I baked some Easter treats for the blog on one of the days, and the next day I sat and watched Netflix (that’s productive, right?). I played around with a subway cookie recipe and I came up with these delicious Chocolate Mini Eggs Easter Cookies! They are a soft, melt-in-your-mouth type of cookie that you can’t stop at just one.
If you don’t already know what the Cadbury Mini Eggs look like, I’ve added a photo of them above. A little tip when I bake cookies or cupcakes, I use an ice cream scoop to get even cupcakes or cookies. I purchased a pack of 3 different sizes from eBay for under $15 a few years back and they are still going strong.
This recipe makes around 35 cookies.
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packets Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa – I use Cadbury
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a flat baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Chop 2 packets of Cadbury Mini Eggs in half and set aside.
- Cream butter & sugar together with an electric mixer, add vanilla and one egg at a time and continue to mix.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda.
- Combine flour. Mix slowly into butter mixture and beat well.
- Add the chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs to the mix and mix with a spoon slightly.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, drop mix about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, times may vary depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven when soft, they will harden once cooled.
If you’re looking for some other favourite Easter treats, check out this Cadbury Creme Egg Brownie recipe!