With Easter right around the corner, I thought it would be the perfect time to start baking some Easter treats. I tried to make this recipe a few times, but I kept eating the eggs before I could use them. After another trip to the supermarket to buy more, I finally made them and I’m so glad I did! They are amazing!
If you’re a chocolate fan and a Creme Egg fan, you will love this recipe!
Makes around 12-14 squares.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packets (130g) Cadbury Creme Eggs minis
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 6 Cadbury creme egg minis cut in half
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line medium sized slice tray with baking paper.
- Cut Cadbury Creme Eggs in quarters leaving six that need to be cut in half for the top of the brownies.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Using an electric mixer on a low speed combine flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mix. Try not to overmix as the batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared baking tray and push all the quartered creme eggs into the mix making sure you spread them around.
- Bake for around 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat together all the icing ingredients and pour on top of the warm brownies.
- Let brownies cool and add the Creme Eggs cut in half to the top and slice.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for four months.