Ok, I’ll admit it! I LOVE a good cob loaf. I’m the one that stalks Woolworths at night for the marked down cobs so that I have an excuse to make one. This recipe is a family recipe that was given to me by my Aunty. I know there are a lot of cob recipe variations floating around, and I may be a little biased, but this is by far the easiest and BEST cob loaf recipe you’ll try! Remember you can use any filling you like and add it to the cream cheese.
What you’ll need
- Cob loaf
- 500 grams diced bacon
- 1 block cream cheese
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 capsicum (diced)
- 1 ½ cup grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the top off the cob loaf and remove the filling.
- Lay out the filling, cob, and top out on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until crunchy.
- Fry off bacon, shallots, capsicum in a large fry pan for a few minutes.
- Add cheese and mix until combined.
- Fill cob loaf with cheese filling and return to the oven for 10 minutes until cheese is golden.
If you do make this recipe, make sure you come back and let me know if you LOVE it as much as I do.