This BBQ Ham and Cheese Baked Chicken Breasts are family friendly and super easy to make! Not only is it super easy to make, you only need a few ingredients and around 30-35 minutes in the oven or air fryer.
I’m trying to come up with some meal ideas using foods I already have in the fridge before we go away on our holiday. We had chicken breasts, ham, cheese and bbq sauce, I was going to just slice the breasts in half and fill them, but I thought this way would add some more flavour and I was right!
You could stuff these BBQ Ham and Cheese Chicken breasts with any type of filling you like, but you know the kids will love ham and cheese. If you don’t have cheese slices, grated cheese would work perfectly too.
- Chicken Breasts
- BBQ sauce
- Olive oil
- Season all
- Salt & pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Trim the chicken breast and add slices across the breast. Make sure they are 3/4 of the way through the breast so it’s deep enough to add the ham and cheese.
Add one slice of ham (cut in half) and 2 pieces of cheese on either side of the ham.
Move chicken to an oven-safe dish. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning.
Add BBQ sauce, cover in foil (so the ham doesn’t burn) and place in the oven. See full instructions below.
Check out my other family friendly chicken recipes!
- HONEY CHICKEN (TAKE AWAY STYLE)
- GREEK RICE BOWLS
- EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
- CREAMY GARLIC AND MUSHROOM CHICKEN
- CREAMY CAESAR BAKED CHICKEN
BBQ Ham and Cheese Baked Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 8-10 slices Ham cut in half
- 8-10 slices Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Season all seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Pre heat oven to 180°c fan forced.
- Cut slices in the chicken 3/4 of the way through the breast. Repeat for each breast.
- Add 2 slices of cheese and half a slice of ham to each cut in the breast.
- Add chicken breast to a baking dish, drizzle with oil and add the season all and salt & pepper.
- Add BBQ sauce to cover each chicken breast. Cover well with the sauce as this will water down when baked.
- Cover the tray with foil and add to the oven for 25 minutes. The foil will stop the ham from burning and the chicken from drying out. Remove foil after 25 minutes to allow the chicken to brown and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut the chicken breast in half to make sure it has cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of each chicken breast.