When you get tired of eating plain Easter eggs, how about taking some of that leftover chocolate goodness and making something even better with them! Think hot cross bun smores, sundaes, chocolate dippy eggs, mud cake topping, Easter egg cupcakes and a creamy hot chocolate. Here are 6 easy ways to use up those leftover Easter eggs!
Hot Cross Bun Dippy Cup
- Toast a Woolworths hot cross bun and cut into fingers.
- Fill a small hollow Easter egg with Nutella or melted chocolate.
- Serve in an egg cup for easy dipping.
Chocolate Mud Cake Easter Egg Topping
- Top a chocolate Woolworths mud cake with all your leftover Easter eggs and serve.
Hot Cross Bun Smores
- Cut in half a Woolworths hot cross bun and toast.
- While still hot, fill the hot cross bun with broken Easter egg pieces and marshmallows.
- Wait until the chocolate and marshmallows have melted.
- Serve while still warm.
Hidden Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Using a Woolworths cake mix, mix following the instructions on the packet.
- Fill each cupcake case with cake mix and pop an Easter egg in each.
- Bake cupcakes as per instructions on the packet.
- Serve once cooled.
Easter Egg Hot Chocolate
- Put your leftover Easter eggs in a mug and add hot milk.
- Once chocolate eggs have melted, stir and serve.
Easter Egg Sundae
- Top your favourite ice cream with Woolworths whipped cream and leftover Easter eggs.
I’d love to know how you use up all of your leftover Easter eggs? Eating them doesn’t count!