I don’t know about you, but I love a good homemade burger and my kids do too! Beef burgers make an easy homemade dinner served with some fries or a side salad. I like to cut up all the burger toppings and lay them out on a tray, so my kids can create their own burgers.
This recipe will make around six patties depending on the size. I tend to double the recipe and freeze what I don’t use, so I always have patties on hand for lazy nights. You can also freeze these patties cooked and just reheat them when needed.
Here is a list of some of my favourite burger toppings!
- 500 grams beef mine (good quality)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Using your hands, shape the mince into equal sized patties and press down with baking paper.
- Cook in a frying with a little olive oil until cooked through.
- Serve on a toasted bun with your favourite burger toppings.
Check out these easy Chicken and Bacon Meatballs for another great meal idea!