This broccoli beef recipe is an easy to make meal that can be cooked in one frypan in under 15 minutes!
I have been making this dish for years and love that you can add any vegetables you have on hand, and it still tastes amazing. My favourite is to add mushrooms and make it beef, broccoli and mushroom over rice. Bok choy works well with broccoli beef too!
I used beef rump steak and cut it in strips, but you can use any type of beef you like and either cut it in strips or just buy beef strips.
- beef stips
- corn flour
- soy sauce (salt reduced)
- sesame oil
- chinese five spice (spice found in the spice section of Woolies)
- cooked rice to serve
See the recipe card for quantities and full recipe.
Broccoli beef recipe step by step instructions
Mix all of the sauce ingredients togther and set aside.
Add olive oil in a large frypan on a medium-high heat and fry off the beef for around 5 minutes until browned.
Pour in sauce mix in the frypan with the beef and cook for 5 minutes while mixing until the sauce thickens. If it's too thick, you can add a little more water.
Add cooked broccoli and store through. Serve over rice.
How To Cook The Broccoli
You need to add cooked broccoli to the recipe at the end. The best and easiest way to cook broccoli is in a microwave-safe bowl covered in water and cooked for 3-5 minutes. You can also cook it on the stovetop for the same amount of time.
Check out my other recipes below!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Easy Broccoli Beef
Stir Fry Broccoli Beef
- 500 grams beef strips I use rump steak and cut it into strips or cubes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams cooked broccoli (1 large head of broccoli) I cook it in the microwave in hot water for 3-5 minutes
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic or 2 fresh cloves minced
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (salt reduced)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked white rice
Prepare the cooked white rice and cooked broccoli so it will be ready when the stir fry is done. Broccoli can be cooked on the stove in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish filled with water for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add olive oil in a large frypan on a medium-high heat and fry off the beef for around 5 minutes until browned.
- Pour in sauce mix in the frypan with the beef and cook for 5 minutes while mixing until the sauce thickens. If it's too thick, you can add a little more water.
- Add the cooked broccoli and stir through.
- Serve over cooked rice.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.