14 Dec CHRISTMAS LUNCH THE EASY WAY
This post is a collaboration with Woolworths.
Take the stress out of Christmas lunch and let me share this delicious and easy Christmas platter. This year, I decided to ditch cooking and serve cold foods with easy to assemble food on one large platter for under $100. Let’s face it, no one wants to waste hours on Christmas Day cooking a hot meal and this platter only took 10 minutes to put together! If you’re in Queensland like I am, the last thing you want to do is eat hot lunch on a warm day.
I selected the Woolworths Gold Triple Smoked Boneless Ham. You don’t have to glaze or cook the ham. However, I love glazed hams so I glazed it the day before with a Woolworths ready-made glaze and stored it in a ham bag in the fridge overnight. If you don’t like ham, you could substitute with cold chicken or serve a few different selections of meat. Woolworths now have a Vegan roast option if you want to go entirely meat free. With all the choices in the pre-packed salad sections of Woolworths, I decided not to make my own and stick with store bought salads. You would never know the difference!
My top tips to creating a perfect Christmas lunch platter
- Try and serve cold foods only. If you want to serve hot foods, you can separate them using bowls or trays. You want to avoid serving them touching each other on the same platter.
- Keep it simple and use premade or easy to make foods. Woolworths has some great pre-made salads that take out the hard work of preparing them.
- Fill in all the gaps by using fresh fruit.
- Use baking paper to protect the bottom of the platter and make cleaning up easier.
- Purchase items that are on sale at Woolworths to save money and make a budget friendly Christmas lunch platter.
- Make a Christmas dessert platter to serve after the Christmas lunch platter.
What you’ll need
- Woolworths Gold Triple Smoked Ham
- Woolworths Sweet Cherry & Spice Glaze
- Pre-packed salads
- Woolworths Creamy Pasta Salad
- Woolworths Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- Breadstick sliced
- Fresh fruit (I used grapes, cherries, mango and strawberries)
- Woolworths Fresh Large Tiger Prawns
- Place the ham on a round serving board or platter.
- Add salads around the tray in separate bowls.
- Fill in the gaps using fruit.
If you’re looking for some tasty Christmas Desserts with no baking required, check out this Woolworths Mini Dessert Selection which is ready to serve on a platter with fresh fruit! This platter cost under $30 to put together.