This Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice is a dish the whole family will love! This recipe is super quick to make, made with pineapple and teriyaki sauce, it will be your next family favourite rice dish.
I love good fried rice, so when I tried this at a family BBQ, I had to give it a go making it myself. The pineapple adds the sweetness that goes perfectly with the teriyaki sauce.
You can use any type of teriyaki sauce you like, but my favourite is the AYAM one from Woolworths. Feel free to use any vegetables you like or what you have on hand the fridge or freezer.
- chicken breasts
- cooked long grain rice
- teriyaki sauce
- minced garlic
- sliced onion
- frozen or fresh veg
- tin sliced pineapple
- salt & pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Flatten out the chicken breasts to make them thinner to allow for even cooking. marinade the chicken breasts in the teriyaki sauce.
Fry off the chicken breast on a medium heat in a frypan until cooked.
Slice the cooked chicken breast into strips.
Add the vegetables and chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Fry off the garlic and onion in a frypan on medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add the cooked rice, pineapple, butter and sauce and fry off for a further 4 minutes.
Hint: It's best to use cooked rice that has been in the fridge for a few hours (even better if it's day old rice). If you don't have time, it's ok. It won't affect the flavour at all. Cold rice stops the rice from sticking and clumping together when cooking.
Check out the other rice dishes below!
Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice
- 6 cups cooked rice (white long grain) 3 cups uncooked rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ cup teriyaki sauce ¼ cup is to stir through at the end
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 sliced brown onion
- 2 cups frozen or fresh veg I used carrots, broccoli, frozen peas and beans.
- ½ tin diced pineapple
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the packet. I like to use the rice cooker for this. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Flatten out the chicken breast to make the breasts thinner to allow for even cooking. Marinade the chicken breasts in 1 cup of teriyaki sauce.
- Fry off the chicken breast on a medium heat in a frypan until cooked.
- Slice the cooked chicken breast into strips and set aside.
- Fry off the garlic and onion in a frypan on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and chicken, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, pineapple, butter, ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce, and fry off for a further 4 minutes.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.