I had no idea you could make ice cream without a machine, and it’s so easy! Like usual, I left Miss 3’s birthday cake to the last minute and I really didn’t want to bake one, so I looked up a recipe for homemade ice cream, added sprinkles and voila!
No Churn Homemade Ice Cream Cake
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1/2 caster sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Add the can of condensed milk and butter. Mix well until combined.
- Quickly fold in sprinkles before the colour runs and pour the mixture into the lined tin. Place in the freezer for a few hours until set.
- You can use chocolate ice cream topping for the top or leave it plain.
So easy! No more store purchased ice cream cakes for us.