Happy Holidays! We made it through the Christmas madness now on to celebrate the New Year. I couldn’t think of a better time to share some of my favourite “mum” summer cocktails with you.
BLUEBERRY LAVENDER CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
Makes around 6 glasses
- 2 (750ml) bottles champagne
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers (fresh or dry)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup vodka
- In a small saucepan bring blueberries and maple syrup to the boil.
- Once the berry mix has come to the boil, turn down the heat slightly and cook for around 5 minutes, mashing the berries to break them down.
- Add lavender flowers removing from the stem if fresh and cook for another minute.
- Allow mix to cool and add the vodka.
- Place one tablespoon of the berry syrup in each glass and top with champagne.
- Garnish top of glass.
PINK MOSCATO STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
Makes around 6 glasses
- 1 bottle pink Moscato
- 6 cups lemonade
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- Mix all ingredients in a large jug and serve!
Makes 1 glass
- 60 ml sugar syrup ( you can google a recipe to make your own or purchase it from a bottle shop for under $10)
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 6 fresh raspberries
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 60 ml Bacardi white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup soda water
- extra mint and raspberries for garnishing
- In a pitcher or glass, add mint leaves, raspberries, lime juice, rum and syrup.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to extract the juices from mint and raspberries.
- Top the glass with ice and soda water.
- Garnish the top of serving glass with the extra mint and raspberries.
PINK LEMONADE MARGARITA
Makes 5 glasses
- 2 cups pink lemonade
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup tequila
- lime wedges for garnish
- salt to coat the edge of each glass
- Mix pink lemonade, lime juice, triple sec and tequila in a large pitcher.
- Salt the edge of each glass by rubbing lime juice on each rim and dip into salt.
- Pour mix into glasses and garnish to serve.
PINEAPPLE RUM PUNCH
Makes 6 glasses
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup malibu rum
- fresh pineapple chunks
- Mix together ginger ale, pineapple juice, rum in a large jug.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve with a pineapple chunk.