This post is a collaboration with Woolworths
With the cooler weather setting in, I wanted to share one of my favourite winter warmer family recipes with you. The mince I have used in this cottage pie recipe is part of a new range that Woolworths have released called ‘Woolworths &veg’. It’s a new range of family-friendly meat products containing at least 20% vegetables. The products have been developed with a ‘flavour first’ mentality, so not only do they help you and your family increase your veggie intake, they taste great too. What I LOVE about this range of mince, is that the vegetables are hidden, and the kids won’t know they are eating them (winning!).
The whole family will love this cottage pie, even your fussiest eaters, without the chunks or visible vegetables in it. If you’d like to add some extra vegetables to the pie, feel free to include them in the recipe. I prefer to serve them on the side with a slice of crusty bread.
This recipe will feed a family of 4 – 6 with leftovers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 packs of 500g Woolworths &veg Beef Mince with Hidden Carrots, Sauteed Onion, Celery & Tomato (this mince is perfect for fussy kids)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths instant gravy
- 2 cups beef stock
- Dried mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper
- Potatoes peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Optional grated cheese
- Peel potatoes and boil in a pot until tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, add oil to frypan on medium heat.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add mince and brown.
- Once the mince has browned, add tomato paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add gravy and stir.
- Add beef stock and simmer for 3 minutes until thickened.
- Add mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
- Transfer mince to a baking dish.
- Mash potatoes with milk, butter and seasoning.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the mince and add cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 180°c for 30 minutes (or until golden).
- Serve hot with added vegetables on the side or with crusty bread.
Have you tried any of the new ‘Woolworths &veg’ range yet?