Happy Australia Day! No Australia Day would be complete without a classic dessert to celebrate. Well, here are two classic Australia Day sweets combined to create these bright Sprinkle Covered Lamingtons. If you love these lamingtons, check out my delicious Lamington Pavlova Stack.
- 2 vanilla cake packet mixes (including required ingredients)
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a lamington tray.
- Prepare and bake cake mix as per instructions on the packet.
- Once cooled, cut the slab into 6cm squares.
- Mix the icing sugar, butter, water and vanilla in a bowl.
- Spread sprinkles over a flat plate ready for rolling.
- Smooth the icing mixture on each side of the pieces of cake and roll into sprinkles.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes for the icing to set.
*optional* You can add a layer of cream in the middle of the lamingtons before icing.