These Iced Finger Buns are light, fluffy, and sweet! They’re just like the ones you’d buy from the bakery. They’re a huge hit with the kids, and you can make them as big or small as you like.
They are best eaten within two days.
Iced Finger Buns
- 3 cups baker’s flour
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast, or 3 if adding dried fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2/3 cup sultanas- optional
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbs soft butter or margarine
- 1 tbs warm water
- sprinkles or coconut – optional
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add oil and warm water to the flour mix in small increments. Mix until the batter is slightly sticky and comes away from the bowl.
- Knead with hands or a mixer for 5- 10 minutes until dough is elastic, soft and well-combined.
- Add sultanas and mix slightly.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover with cling wrap in a warm place to allow the dough to double in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place on a floured surface and knock back (bang with hands to get out all the air).
- Section the dough into 10 equal-sized portions and roll into sausage shapes.
- Place on a lined large baking tray approximately 1-2cm apart.
- Place in a warm area covered with a tea towel to rise again for 10 minutes.
- Cook at 160°C for 15-20 minutes, regularly checking colour.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add food colouring or flavouring essence and mix well.
- Ice buns when cooled and top with sprinkles or coconut.