Baked Pikelet Muffins are a fun way to eat pancakes! You can let the kids have some fun by adding their favourite toppings to create some yummy flavours. I picked up the silicone muffin cases from KMart for only $2 for a pack of 10. There is no need to flip or worry about these pancakes sticking! And they are perfect for breakfast on-the-go.
Some of the toppings we have tried are sliced banana, sprinkles, chocolate chips, cinnamon, honey, marshmallows and, my favourite, banana & cinnamon. You can come up with any combination or, even better, let the kids create one!
This recipe will make about 12 muffins. Store muffins in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Sift flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl, set aside.
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl and combine with dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake cups halfway with the wet mixture and add toppings.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 8 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.