This classic and super easy marshmallow slice is sure to be a crowd pleaser! I’ve been craving this slice for so long! I’ll probably eat most of it by myself. This recipe will fill a whole lamington sized tray and I recommend you cut the slices small because it’s pretty sweet. ENJOY!
- 4 Weet-bix – crushed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 125g butter – melted
- 2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons gelatine powder
- food colouring.
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Combine weet-bix, coconut, brown sugar and flour. Pour in melted butter and mix well.
- Press mixture into a lamington sized tray using a spatula to make sure it’s firmly pushed down.
- Bake base for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Soak gelatine in 1/2 cup of water and set aside to set.
- Place caster sugar and 3/4 cup water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add gelatine to sugar mixture and allow to cool.
- Once sugar mixture has cooled, use an electric mixer and mix on high for 6 minutes until thick.
- Add food colouring and spread on top of the base.
- Allow to set for 1 hour.
Store in the fridge for 3 days in an airtight container.