This playdough is so easy to make, and I promise it will keep the kids entertained for hours! My kids love playing with silicone cupcake moulds, plastic knives and cutters to make shapes and playdough cakes.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut, olive oil or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup boiling water (add this gradually until you get the right consistency. You may need a little less or more)
- food colouring
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the boiling water and mix well (keep little ones clear when you do this stage, the playdough will be hot).
- Separate the playdough into even-sized balls, ready to add the food dye.
- Add a few drops to each ball and mix well.
Store your playdough for up to 6 months in an airtight container in the fridge.