Hello, you can’t go wrong with any recipe that includes chocolate as the main ingredient! These chocolate brownies are so good, and they made me break my longest diet yet (a whole 3 weeks long haha). It was totally worth it. Although I didn’t lose any weight last week, I didn’t gain any either. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
Makes around 12-14 squares.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a medium-sized baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Using an electric mixer on a low speed, combine flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mix. Try not to overmix as the batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared baking tray and bake for around 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick in the centre comes out clean.
- Beat together all the icing ingredients and pour onto the warm brownies.
- Let the brownies cool before slicing.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for 4 months (don’t worry, they won’t last that long).