This California baked chicken is on rotation in my weekly meal plan right now. It’s easy to make, and you can even mix up the ingredients depending on what you have in your fridge. I use red onion, cherry tomatoes, shallots and top it off with BBQ sauce, bacon and mozzarella cheese. The BBQ sauce and mozzarella cheese are a MUST, so make sure you don’t cut them out.
- Chicken Breasts ( I butterfly them to make them a little thinner, so they cook quicker)
- Bacon sliced into pieces
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion – sliced
- BBQ sauce
- Mozzarella cheese – grated
- Shallots – sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a frypan, fry off bacon until brown.
- In the same frypan, add chicken breasts and cook until cooked through (around 8-10 minutes).
- Using a baking dish, add chicken breasts and top with a little BBQ sauce on top of each piece of chicken.
- Add remaining toppings and bake in the oven for around 10-12 minutes until cheese has melted and browned.
- Serve with fried rice or a side salad.
I hope your family loves this recipe as much as we do!