05 May 2 Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
Can you believe you only need 2 ingredients to make this tasty ice cream bread? My kids can’t get enough of it. I know it might seem strange using ice cream to make bread, but it makes it fluffy, sweet and the perfect texture. A few years ago I found a recipe online for ice cream bread and made it for the first time and I totally forgot about it until recently when my older girls asked me to make it again. It’s so easy to make, even the kids can make it!
- Full cream ice cream works best. I have tried to make it with dairy-free and it didn’t work as well with a dense bread as a result.
- You can top it with anything you like. I included sprinkles in this recipe, but you can make it chocolate chips, fruit or just leave it plain.
- Try strawberry ice cream with some fresh strawberries added to the top for something different!
- If you like your cakes or bread sweeter, add 1/4 cup of caster sugar to the mixture. I find it doesn’t need the extra sweetness when you add sprinkles to the top and use a good vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream (I used the pauls ice cream brand)
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- Optional toppings: I used sprinkles, but you could use chocolate chips, dried or fresh fruit.
- Mix the ice cream in a bowl for a few minutes until melted and creamy.
- Add self raising flour to the ice cream and mix until combined. The mix should be thick, with all the mixture mixed in. If it’s still a little dry, add another scoop of ice cream.
- Pour mix into a bread or loaf tin and add your toppings to the top of the batter.
- Bake on 170°c for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the bread.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
This bread is best eaten within 24 hours and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.