This pumpkin soup is so easy to make and full of flavour! This recipe will make enough for a family of 6 with leftovers. I like to double the recipe and freeze the other half in small batches for lazy nights or lunches.
- 1/2 kent pumpkin (any will work) – cut into small chunks
- 1 brown onion – cut into quarters
- 2 carrots – cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a flat baking tray with paper.
- Place all vegetables on a roasting tray, sprinkle with paprika and oil.
- Roast vegetables for around 40 – 60 minutes until vegetables have browned and caramelised. Time will depend on oven and size the vegetables have been cut.
- Allow pumpkin to cool slightly. Using a food processor, blitz all vegetables together until they turn a puree. Slowly add the cream, water, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- You might have to add a little more water if you prefer your soup a bit thinner.
- Serve with crusty bread on the side and a dollop of cream.