This post is a collaboration with North Star Holiday Resort
This place, it’s amazing! I have friends that stay here each year, so it’s always been on our wish list and now we finally made it here. North Star Holiday Resort is located in Hastings Point, which is 39 minutes from Gold Coast Airport and Byron Bay. The whole area had a coastal town feel that we loved, and it hasn’t been built up like the Gold Coast.
My kids spent most of their time at Sammy’s Adventure Lagoon Waterpark riding the slides from opening to close and it’s easy to see why. The waterpark is great for all ages, with an area suitable for younger kids, large slides and also a swimming pool. If the kids want to leave the waterpark, there is a large outdoor playground and an indoor playground which is a kids club during the school holidays and on weekends.
We stayed in a Tuscany villa, which can sleep up to 10 people, so we invited our grandparents along with us. The villas are fully self-contained with a full kitchen and washing facilities that are perfect for large families like ours. The two-storey Villas have 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, king in main, queen and single bunks in the second bedroom and 2 sets of single bunks in the third bedroom. The air-conditioned Villa is complete with spacious upstairs and downstairs living areas with a full kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer, four TVs and a patio with a BBQ.
- 3 bedroom on 2 levels; 3 bathrooms (one with spa)
- Open plan kitchen, lounge and dining
- Dishwasher, washer and dryer
- 4 TVs; DVD player
- 2 outdoor patios with BBQ & outdoor settings
There are a lot of different options here including camping to different sized cabins.
A few tips if you’re staying at North Star Holiday Resort:
- Order groceries online. I ordered my groceries before I left home and selected click and collect so I could pick them up on the way.
- Pack the kids bikes and scooters. The park is quite big, so it’s a great way for the kids to get around.
- Try the buffet breakfast! It is included in some packages.
- Jump in the car and go for a drive around town.
- Exploring the surrounding beaches.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try and answer them for you!