Nuts and Bolts is a savoury Christmas recipe that uses nutri grain and nuts. It makes the perfect festive snack or Christmas gifts. My Nuts and Bolts Recipe is a bit different from the other ones that you can find online because it requires you to bake the nuts and bolts, which adds to the flavour. It really is the best nuts and bolts recipe!
This nuts and bolts recipe is a family recipe, and I have adapted it slightly over the years. Now, this recipe makes a huge batch that you can store in an airtight container or gift some to family and friends.
- Nutri Grain
- Salted peanuts
- Peanut oil
- French onion soup mix
- Curry powder
In a large bowl (or 2 bowls if you don't have one large enough), mix the nutri grain and.
In a separate bowl, combine soup mix, curry powder and oil.
Mix well until all the soup has dissolved in the oil.
Tip over the nutri grain and mix well using a spatula.
Spread out over 2 large trays.
Bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees, mixing every 10 minutes.
Tips when making the Nuts and Bolts Recipe
- You can add what you like to this nuts and bolts recipe. You can add sultanas, pretzels and other types of nuts.
- Make sure you turn them every 10 minutes so they don't burn.
The Best Nuts and Bolts Recipe
- 765 grams nutri grain 1 large box
- 750 grams salted peanuts 2 packets
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 3 packets french onion soup mix You can also use cream of chicken
- 6 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine nutri grain and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup mix, curry powder and oil.
- Add the oil mix to the nutri grain and mix well ensuring all the nutra grain is covered.
- Spread over a large tray and bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees, mixing EVERY 10 minutes. You need to mix every 10 minutes or they will burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Store in an air tight container for 3 months.
The nutritional information provided is computer generated and is only an estimate. This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.