This mac & cheese is my go-to recipe that the whole family loves and it’s super easy to make! You can make this Mac & Cheese in around 10 minutes with little effort and it doesn’t matter if you aren’t spot on with the ingredients, this recipe will always work out. I like to serve it with crumbed chicken or chicken strips. My kids take leftover to school in a thermos for school lunches.
Ingredients you will need
- Macaroni pasta
- Plain flour
- Garlic powder
- Onion Powder
- Chicken vegeta
- Grated Cheese
10 Minute Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups macaroni pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chicken vegeta
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Boil macaroni pasta in a pot and while cooking follow the below steps.
- In a saucepan simmer 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- Once the butter starts to simmer (bubble), add 1 heaped tablespoon of plain flour and mix with a whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup cream and 1 cup of milk
- Whisk until it starts to thicken
- Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder
- Add 1 tablespoon chicken vegeta
- Add salt & pepper
- Whisk and allow to thicken for a few minutes on a simmer.
- Add 1 cup grated cheese and whisk. Allow thickening again for a few minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and serve.