16 Jul Unicorn Crunch Mousse Cups
I finally jumped on the unicorn trend and made these magical unicorn crunch mousse cups! They might be the cutest desserts ever! They only take around 5 minutes to prepare (plus 2 hours set time) and they are so easy to make.
- The sprinkles pictured are from Twinkle Sprinkles.
- Biscuits used are coles brand custard vanilla creams for $1 a packet.
- Cups used are plastic wine glasses in the party section at coles, but you can use any type you like. Plastic shot glasses would work perfecly for kids parties.
- 500mls thickened cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons unflavoured gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200 grams custard cream biscuits
- food colouring
- Crush biscuits in a zip lock bag or food processor. Set aside.
- Add thickened cream and caster sugar to a large mixing bowl and mix on high until soft peaks form. Set aside in the fridge.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; stir and let sit for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water to gelatin and stir until dissolved. Let stand to cool.
- Remove cream from the fridge.
- Whip cream on a high speed slowly adding the gelatin and vanilla. Whisk until soft peaks form.
- Divide cream equally into small bowls and add desired food colouring to each bowl.
- Spoon 1 – 2 tablespoons of crushed biscuits into the serving cup followed by 1 – 2 tablespoons of mousse and repeat until full.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Once set, top with plain whipped cream and sprinkles.