This recipe is one of the easiest slow cooker recipes you’ll ever make, and it’s one of my family favourites that everyone is happy to eat. I like to serve it with rice, pasta or grilled cabbage, but you can simply eat it plain if you like.
- 500-700 grams chuck/casserole beef (diced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1-2 tablespoons cornflour + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Rub olive oil on the inside of the slow cooker bowl. Add diced beef, beef stock, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, mix water and cornflour in a small bowl into a paste to remove any lumps. Slowly add the cornflour mix in the slow cooker, the mix will thicken. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Serve with rice, plain or with pasta.