This Roast Garlic & Lemon Chicken is so juicy and full of flavour! I can honestly say this is the BEST roast chicken recipe you’ll find.
- 1 large chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a large roasting tray with baking paper.
- Remove chicken from the packet and dry thoroughly with paper towel (drying the chicken will ensure crispy skin).
- Melt the butter and garlic in a pan over a low heat. Brush the melted butter over the whole chicken (including inside) and season the chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Place the lemon and rosemary inside the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for around 1 – 1 1/2 hours making sure you keep basting the chicken every 20 minutes.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken, but a good way to check if it’s ready is to stick a sharp knife above the back leg and make sure the juice runs clear. The chicken packet should also contain a cooking time guide.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting.