This recipe was one of the first that I published on the blog way back when I started it. Many years later, it is still a family favourite! I make sure I always have a stash on hand in the freezer for lazy nights and for side dishes.
- 400 grams macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 (300ml) cups cream
- 200 grams bacon, diced
- 3/4 (185) cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 dried breadcrumbs
- extra 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese for the top
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat cream and milk over medium heat until it comes to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper to the milk and cream. Stir until all cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add pasta and bacon to the cheese mixture and stir until all of the pasta is covered.
- Tip into the baking dish and top with the breadcrumbs and extra cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until it’s golden and cheese has melted.