Our final stop on Oahu was at the fantastic Hilton Grand Vacations at Hilton Hawaiian Village and WOW! They really have families covered with their spacious rooms, a full-sized kitchen and several on-site pools with water slides. If I can, I prefer to stay in apartments when travelling as it gives us the option to buy groceries, cook and eat breakfast in the room, and this resort allowed us to do just that. If you have a large family or you’re looking for some extra room in style, this is the place for you!
We only had a few nights here, and after exploring most of the Island in our first week, the plan was to stick close to the resort and relax around the pools and lagoon. Once we checked in, we dropped off our bags and took the short 10-minute walk to Target to stock up on some groceries so we could use the kitchen facilities and cook some meals. After that, we basically moved from the swimming pools and lagoon for the next 2 days and didn’t do too much.
The Lagoon Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations (which we stayed in) provides guests access to the best stretch of Waikiki’s famous beach, family-friendly entertainment, shopping and dining options all within the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The Hilton Hawaiian Village features 5 swimming pools and a huge 5,000-square-foot family activity pool with the longest slide in Waikiki, which my kids LOVED! Once you step foot in the Hilton Hawaiian Village, there is really no need to travel too far with everything right there.
- Free laundry facilities located on each level
- Free newly-released DVD rentals from the kiosk in the lobby
- The comfiest beds you’ll ever sleep on!
- HUGE spacious rooms perfect for families
- Right next to the lagoon, there is a booth where you can hire paddle boards, water bikes, etc.
- Restaurants and bars located within the village
- Kids club program and daily resort activities
The 2 bedroom suites located in the Lagoon Tower featured 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed and the second bedroom with 2 double beds, 2 full-sized bathrooms, a full-sized kitchen with a balcony overlooking one of the swimming pools. If you’d like to see more of the room, I took a full video tour that you can find under my stories on Instagram.
My favourite places to eat close by
- Red Lobster
- Buffalo Wild Wings ( I LOVED this place)
- IHOP for breakfast
- Food trucks
- Hau Tree Bar
- Pack a picnic and eat lunch by the lagoon
- Watch the free Friday night fireworks right outside the resort.
- Take full use of the free laundry facilities provided on each level.
- Stock up on groceries to save on eating out.
- Explore the Hilton Hawaiian Village grounds (it’s huge).
- Check out every one of the 5 pools on the property.
- Walk to Ala Moana Shopping Center, which is only about a 10-minute walk.
I can’t wait to come back and stay here again! It was by far the best resort we stayed at on Oahu and suited our big family perfectly. If you have any questions about our stay, resort or anything else Hawaii related, let me know!
You can find Hawaii Parts 1, 2 and 3 HERE!
Throughout the 2 weeks in Hawaii, I collaborated with some fantastic brands and resorts in exchange for a media rate or hosted accommodation, but all opinions and views are my own.