Retailers in Queensland are no longer able to provide single-use plastic shopping bags to customers. So what does that mean for you? It simply means you will need to use another option! I know a few states have been single-use plastic free for a long time, and when we travelled the US, all the supermarkets over there had been single-use plastic free for years, so it’s nice to see Queensland jump on board.
There are so many different choices out there, so I thought I’d put together this handy post to show you some of the options to replace single-use plastic bags.
Tips to help you remember your bags!
- Purchase enough bags so you can always have spares in your car boot for those times you forget them.
- Add “take bags” to the top of your shopping list.
- Pop a small foldable bag in your handbag for those small shops.
- As soon as you unpack your groceries, pop your bags straight back into your car boot.
Options instead of using single-use plastic bags!
- Heavy-duty plastic bags that are designed to be used as many times as possible.
- Organic cotton string carry bag you can find HERE!
- Reusable green bags you can find HERE!
- Reusable cold bags you can find HERE!
- Harvest basket with handles you can find HERE!
- Jute bag you can find HERE!
- Organic cotton produce bags you can find HERE!
- Plastic shopping baskets you can find HERE!
- Canvas bag you can find HERE!
- Trolley bags you can find HERE!
- Foldable basket you can find HERE!
- Compact foldable bag you can find HERE!