The team over at Dishmatic asked me to create a pink recipe to help spread the word about their fantastic collaboration with Young Pink Sisters, to raise much-needed funds and awareness for the charity during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. $10,000 will be donated to Young Pink Sisters and a limited edition range of refillable washing up tools will hit the shelves in October, so BE QUICK to grab yours. This is the second year that Dishmatic have supported Young Pink Sisters and by buying one of the pink Dishmatic range, you can help too! Young Pink Sisters is a charity that supports young people with breast cancer to raise money for medical bills, so it’s a fantastic charity to get behind.
If you don’t own a Dishmatic, then you’re totally missing out. They make washing up so much easier and perfect if you only have a few things to wash up and don’t need to fill the whole sink. They have an easy to open cap which you fill with your choice of dishwashing liquid and they have replaceable heads so you can easily replace them when needed. You simply wash up and the sponge will magically dispense liquid as you’re cleaning your dishes, VOILA!
Now, for the recipe. This recipe will make around 12 balls depending on the size you roll them.
- 1 1/2 half packets of Iced VoVo biscuits
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 250 grams cream cheese
- a packet of white chocolate melts
- desiccated coconut to sprinkle on top
- pink food colouring (powered is the best, but gel food colouring works too).
- Using a food processor, blitz biscuits until a fine crumb.
- Add cream cheese and jam and blitz until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop, roll bite-sized balls and put balls in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate and add food colouring.
- Take balls out of the freezer and dip into the pink chocolate.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of each ball.
- Return Vovo balls to freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Let your new limited edition Dishmatic do all the cleaning.
The Iced Vovo Balls are best stored in the freezer and taken out 5 minutes prior to serving.