Brought to you by Nuffnang and Disney Junior.
The Lion King movie was my all time favourite movie when I was a child, so I was excited to hear about the new animated series “The Lion Guard” coming to Disney Junior The Channel. The Lion Guard series is based on the original The Lion King movie, featuring Kion, the son of Simba and Nala. Throughout the series, the young animal team learns how to solve problems and accomplish tasks, while also introducing the array of animals that live in the African Savanna to young viewers. If you’re wondering about the old favourites like Simba, Nala, Timon and Pumba, don’t worry – they’ll be making an appearance too! I love that The Lion King has been made into a series for the next generation of young viewers. My little ones (5 & 3) have been watching the trailers with excitement and can’t wait to watch the series.
The Lion Guard Series
When: launches on the 6th February
Where: Disney Junior The Channel
Read below to see how can win some tickets for you and your child to attend the exclusive premiere screening of Return of The Roar, a mini-length movie that introduces the story and the characters from The Lion Guard.
Lion Crunch Cookies
If you love the good old fashioned rock cakes, you will love these. The outer cookie has a cornflake crunch, while the inner is a soft, cake-like biscuit. I use these as a lunchbox staple and always have them ready to go in the freezer. You can freeze the dough or the cookies once baked for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- 125 grams butter
- 2/3 cup (140 grams) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 (275 grams) self-raising flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips or sultanas (I prefer choc chips)
- 1 1/2 (80 grams) cup lightly crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until pale. Slowly add the eggs to the butter mix.
- Fold in flour using a spatula and add chocolate chips or sultanas.
- Place crushed cornflakes on a flat plate.
- Roll the cookie dough into tablespoon sized balls and roll them in the crushed cornflakes.
- Place cookies about 2cm apart on the lined tray.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes, until they are golden.
Now, I have 3 double passes to the launch event in Sydney to giveaway.
The tickets are for you and your child to attend the exclusive premiere screening of Return of The Roar, a mini-length movie that introduces the story and the characters from The Lion Guard.
The event will be held in Sydney at the Hoyts Cinema, Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park on Saturday 30th January, from 10 am – 12 noon. Additional activities and refreshments will also be available.
To be in the running, simply answer the following question below: Who is your favourite character from the original Lion King movie, and why?
Open to NSW residents only. One entry per person. Competition opens at 09:01 am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) on Tuesday, 27th January 2016 and will continue until 11.59 pm AEDT on Thursday 28 January 2016.
The winner will be emailed and messaged on here.