Brought to you by Dyson
Whether you’re a stay-at-home mum or a working mum, Keeping Up With The Housework can be exhausting. Having a set cleaning routine or schedule will prevent you from getting overwhelmed and help maintain a clean home. I spend around 30-45 minutes a day completing my daily cleaning routine with 4 kids and a large 2-story home.
Here are my top tips on keeping up with the housework:
Set a cleaning routine.
- Daily Tasks – Washing, clean kitchen, clean dining room, make beds, 15-minute pickups, and make lunches for the following day.
- Monday – Vacuum the whole house and mop floors.
- Tuesday – Wash bedding and towels.
- Wednesday – Clean bathrooms and toilets.
- Thursday – Dust all surfaces and put away washing.
- Friday – Clean and wipe out the fridge.
- Saturday – Catch up on any missed tasks.
- Sunday – Lazy day!
Get the kids and family involved.
Give the kids daily tasks based on their age. My younger girls are in charge of keeping the toy room clean (that consists of chucking all the toys into the toy boxes). The older girls are in charge of unloading and loading the dishwasher, setting the kitchen table and wiping it down. It’s just simple things they can do each day that can keep my workload down.
Get a stick cordless vacuum.
I was sent the Dyson V6 Absolute stick vacuum to review, and I don’t know how I lived without it. Since owning the Dyson V6 Absolute stick vacuum, I’ve used it multiple times a day for the high-traffic areas, and I use the barrel vacuum once a week for whole house clean. It’s so easy to use, has a 20-minute battery life and has two cleaning heads, one for carpets and one for hard floors. My kids actually fight over using it (among many other things).
The Dyson V6 Absolute retails for $899.00 and it’s worth every cent.
Things I love about the Dyson V6 Absolute:
- Lightweight (2.2kgs) which is perfect for 2 level homes to carry up and down
- Easy to use
- Perfect for hard floors or carpet
- Powerful suction
- Handy docking station to store and charge the vacuum
- Easy to empty
- Extra tools for hard to reach places
Check out just how powerful the Dyson V6 Absolute is when it’s put to the test sucking up confetti after a messy photo shoot.
We recently moved into a new house, and I got rid of everything we no longer used. And I mean everything. I find not having clutter and unnecessary stuff around the house helps create a cleaner space and makes it so much easier to maintain. Now, don’t try and declutter a whole house in one day, spread it over a few weeks starting with one room at a time.
I hope some of my tips can help you maintain a clean home. If you have any other tips, please share them with me.