I have a sweet tooth and love having something sweet after eating a savoury meal. These Healthy Raw Cookie Dough Bites are the perfect after dinner snack to have on hand in the freezer, which they are soft enough to eat straight out of. I can’t send these in the lunchbox due to the having a nut-free policy in our district, but they make a perfect treat at home for the kids. This version of the recipe has almonds, but you can use any nut.
I put some of the mix into Christmas tree moulds that I picked up from Kmart for $2. And they worked! I’m going to test some more batches in different-shaped moulds over the next few days.
Recipe adapted from TheKitchn
- 1 cup (140 grams) almonds, raw
- 2/3 (60 grams) rolled oats or quinoa flakes (use gluten-free oats if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- A few drops of water to roll the balls
- Using a food processor or ThermoMix, blitz the nuts until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Blitz all the remaining ingredients until mixed. If the mix isn’t coming together, add a tiny bit of water.
- Roll into balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge or you can freeze for four months.
What’s your after dinner treat or craving?