A great way to save money is by making homemade lunchbox snacks. These “LCM” Easy Marshmallow Puff Bars make the perfect lunchbox treat. You only need three main ingredients and a topping of your choice. This recipe makes 12 marshmallow puff bars, but you can make them as small or large as you like. For instance, I like to cut them into bite-size pieces so they fit in my kids’ bento-style lunchboxes easier.
Oh, and these can be frozen for up to 6 months in an airtight container!
Ingredients for Marshmallow Puff Bars
- 3 tablespoons (42g) butter
- 250 g marshmallows ( I use the 250g packet Pascall brand)
- 5 cups rice bubbles
- sprinkles or choc chips (topping)
- In a large bowl, add rice bubbles and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Once butter is melted, add the marshmallows and keep stirring until they have all melted.
- Add the melted marshmallow mixture to the rice bubbles and quickly mix until combined.
- Pour into the lined baking tray, add chocolate chips or sprinkles, and press down firmly using a spatula.
- Allow it to cool for 20 minutes, then cut into even slices.